BROWNIES! (can you tell I’m excited about this one?) I make brownies for every occasion. Birthday’s, Christmas, BBQs, parties, and every other thing you can image. Honestly, I can’t image a better thing to make for a big group of people. Everyone who has tried these brownies have claimed them to be the best brownies they’ve ever had, and I promise I’m not exaggerating, the recipe is just that good. So I feel obliged to share it with you guys. It’s been in my family a good few years now, and I have no idea where it came from, but whoever created it is a genius.
- 175g dark chocolate (yes, I know some people find it disgusting, but you don’t taste the bitterness in the brownies, and you need it for it’s coco content and lack of dairy)
- 175g butter
- 3 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 40g coco powder
- 50g salted nuts/100g white,100g milk chocolate (optional)
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave on 40 second bursts until melted
- Mix eggs and caster sugar in bowl until thick and creamy. Add the chocolate mixture
- Fold in the sifted flour and coco powder. Add the chocolate or nuts if using and mix until combined
- Bake at 200 degrees (180 fan) for 25-30 minutes or until top is crusty.
- Leave to cool before cutting